TR-3 rear shock question.

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Subject: TR-3 rear shock question.
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:03:03 -0400
Cc: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h4JI7OPk029477
Message text written by "T. S. White"
>I need to replace my rear shocks on my 1960 TR-3.  I am wondering if
anyone knows of a conversion kit to tube shocks for the TR-3?

Somewhere I heard that if you replace the originals you never get the
new shocks to stay bolted tight to the mount.  Can anyone debunk this
rumor?
<

I don't know about the conversion but the trick to bolting them up tight is
to get enough torque on the bolts.  I changed out to socket head cap screws
which allows me to use an Allen wrench instead of a special thin wall hex
socket.

Cheers

Dave