Re: [triumph_herald] Beauleau ?

To: William Davies <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, nickbarrass2002 <nickolarup@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Beauleau ?
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:12:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
>From your description, Beauleau was about equal to, if not in fact worse than)
>conditions at the Import Show at Carlisle this weekend, over here in the
>states. Friday was rain/drizzle all day. I drove the 150 or so miles to
>Baltimore Friday, to stay at a friends, and then go to the show together
>Saturday.

Saturday we drove out to Carlisle, having missed our link up by only a few
minutes(we were supposed to convoy with Paul Tegler of NASS) in a standard
drizzle. Not enough to put wipers on for, but enough to be annoying. Wonderful
ride out, and got to the show field in good time. I found Paul, and the NASS
crew, and put my Herald in with their Spitfires... I had thought I would be the
only Herald at the show- Another NASS member showed up in another 64, almost
Identical to mine! Beautiful car, in decent shape.(I still like mine better-
especially because of the dual carbs,,, lol)

After a morning of drizzlish conditions, the afternoon failed to warm up, but
the water went away for the most part. After the NASS prizes were handed out,
we took a : "trail ride" about 30 miles to Gettysburgh, Pa. up and down some
nice hills, to finish with a scenic photo shoot of the Pennsylvania Monument,
and another by the lookout tower, then broke for home.

All in all a fun day, although I would have greatly preferred sun.(I was the
only car running top Gettysburgh with the hood down!)

It was interesting to see all these nice cars in one spot- I saw friends from
NASS, the PA Triumph group, and others all there- I also saw other foreign
cars, but not many of interest. I think Citroen and Triumph were close in
numbers in the field- but I think Triumphs were best represented overall.(There
was a large contingent of Pontiac Fieros elsewhere on the field, but I don't
consider them of interest!) Anyway, about 4 Carlisle rows of vendors, lots of
LBCs(including a Reliant Robin in what looked to be Royal Blue! I kept waiting
for Mr. Bean to drive through in his omnipotent mini, and bowl him over!)

This message is long enough for now. Long short of it, Had great time! Another
show to attend in two weeks.

Scott
64 Super Herald 1200 Dual Carb Convertible

(PS- Math Question- 4,000 RPM in 4th gear(regular 1200 gearbox) into Spitfire
differential(same as 1200 Herald) with 13" tyres(again, standard) How fast am I
going?  And how fast if I am at 5000 RPM? I have no idea, and am looking for a
ballpark speed- my speedo is a bit buggy, and jumps moderately at speeds over
50.)