RE: Help! Lost Oil Pressure After Replacing Bearings, Thrust Washer

To: "Sloan, Jim" <JSloan@talisman-energy.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help! Lost Oil Pressure After Replacing Bearings, Thrust Washer s- 74 TR6
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade2@MSN.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:25:28 -0600 FILETIME=[521F7D10:01C31996]
Well, I would not rule out the bearings as your problem.  Not that I have
the answer, but can a spun bearing also show similar issues?

You seemed to list all of the possible scenarios, I would look at all the
"easy" to cure ones first.  Oil galley plugs, oil filter, low oil level,
pressure relief valve..  Then, you have to consider the work you did, and
the poor outcome that you are seeing.  Did you put the correct sized
bearings in?

Bad news, and very good wishes that the problem isn't going to be hard to
deal with.

Eric Conrad
'76 TR6
'62 TR4