Re: spot weld removal - and the winner is

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spot weld removal - and the winner is
From: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 21:24:24 -0600 FILETIME=[FCC666A0:01C31835]
Paul's suggetion for using a brad point bit. Found a complete set (1/8 to
1/2 inch) of carbide tip brad bits for the cost of a pair of spot weld
cutters so figures what the hey. Used with lots of cutting oil and low speed
they  worked very well. Only problem area was under the wheel arch lip where
it was difficult to lubricate the bit/work face. I wouldn't try this with
only a tool steel bit as even the carbide is pretty dull after a hundred or
so welds. And yes, I agree with the many comments that this is not a fun
job. Thanks to all for your replies.

cheers
Scott