Re: spot weld removal - and the winner is

To: KHOCO@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spot weld removal - and the winner is
From: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:38:39 -0600 FILETIME=[7D4B2D60:01C31976]
hi Ken

Even though I cut out most of the welds with the brad point bit there where
still a couple dozen in areas that were rusted enough to make them
impossible to find - break out the grinder. I found it way easier to do the
cutouts than the grinding (maybe I'm just too timid with the grinder:-).

Had a look at your website several months ago when I was psyching myself up
to start my project - nice job. Fortunately mine will (hopefully) be quite a
bit simpler than yours, just a couple of flat plates to fill small rusted
areas on the inner pannel and then a replacement wing. Only tricky part was
making the cutout and depression for the GT6 filler cap as the panel started
life as a Spitfire wing. Got the panel to a rough fit yesterday, will do the
fine grinding and bumping today. Maybe when things slow down a bit I'll
throw the chronicles of my rebuild on the web.

cheers
Scott

PS - comments on the web page - good content but you want to tone the
background down to a lighter shade. That flouro green makes the text
difficult to read (at least on some monitors).