fuel pressure

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "british" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pressure
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:17:55 -0400
Thanks for all the many replys, seems at 2 1/2 lbs I'm in the correct ball
park, now here is my problem, I had been running another type pressure
regulator (NAPA/Purolator) that twice went out on me, bought a U/S made
"Holley" from a speed shop rated 1 to 5 lbs and set it with a gauge at 2 1/2,
my gas mileage dropped from a steady 28 MPG to 20 MPG,  spark plugs (Bosch
Platinum) are as white & clean as can be, the performance is unchanged, the
only adjustments I've made is the pressure regulator and then the drop in MPG,
just looking for possible "What Happened" and any ideas why this big change,
the car still runs great and I can find no traces of any fuel leakage either
on the ground or under the bonnet, but I sure think that is a lot of MPG loss
and "she" does keep track of $$$$ spent on gas.  "FT"