Re: TR6 Blow Fuse

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), RTSLS" <rhansen@att.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Blow Fuse
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:46:39 +0100
>With this limited information, any hints? As I replaced the fuse my car was
>turned off and all lights were turned off. Any troubleshooting ideas?

The short's in a section that is always live, then.  You'll need a manual with
colour codes and a good Volt-Ohm Meter to trace this

Have a good look at the fuesbox and make sure there aren't any obvious shorts
to ground on the post-fuse side of the box. Then trace the wire(s) from this
side of the box and see where they go. This will lead you, eventually, to a
short

Before doing that I'd check all the DPO wiring in the car. This includes
alarms, stereos, extra lights, electric fans, electronic ignition and all the
other crud we add. You will mre than likely find the fault there in amongst
some nasty cable joins covered in black tape

The fact that soem external lights don't work is not relevant - unless they
normally work with the ignition off. If the TR6 has anything that works with
the ignition off check that. It's not likely to be the case because you said
everything was turned off...

It doesn't really matter what the fuse is at this stage. If it's blowing fuses
with everything off then the type of fuse isn't really relevant

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk