FW: Spin on oil filters

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Spin on oil filters
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:43:13 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Paige, Dean
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 8:42 AM
To: 'Stephen and Janyce'; triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spin on oil filters

Third times the charm for me. First had to short a threaded section of the
nipple that mounts the filter. Second had really bad machining on the
engine/filterhead inner mating surface.Inner o-ring useless in that a
portion of outer lip of ring groove milled paper thin collapsed upon
securing unit to block.

The new one looks to be completely reworked... no longer an o-ring in the
inner mating surface but a circular flat washer about 1/2" in width. You
should try to determine just where yours is leaking from and then why if
possible. I demonstrated to Moss clearly just what the issue was for each of
he defective units. I think Moss is pretty sensitized to this issue as a
result of recent discussion on this list and you likely won't have a problem
with getting a replacement. They do listen and respond.