RE: tr3a stator tube

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[8142B7A0:01C31005] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h41HHuio027531
Subject: RE: tr3a stator tube
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:17:12 -0400
But not too hard...  btdt.
Carl

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Randall Young [mailto:Ryoung@navcomtech.com]
Sent:   Thursday, May 01, 2003 10:06 AM
To:     triumphs@autox.team.net

> Having finally threaded the wires down the stator tube, after many days
> of headscratching and sore fingers, I find that the short tube attached
> to the control head will not slide down the stator...I have it in about
> an inch.I have lined up the punched line with the slot etc.. I have
> tried tapping it with a block of wood and hammer etc, but it does not
> seem to want to go in..
>
> Is there anything here which would cause an obstruction, or is there a
> trick to it?

No trick, it should just slide easily over the stator tube.  Er, you _are_
putting the control head tube _over_ the stator tube, aren't you?

Is it possible the wires (or the jacket over the wires) are bunched up
inside?  I find it works best to tug on the wires to pull the control head
into place.

Randall