Negative Impact on delaying clutch fix

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Negative Impact on delaying clutch fix
From: Graham McMicken <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:58:49 -0800
Hi,

I'm 16, and I own a TR6. The tapered bolt securing the clutch fork to the cross
shaft has snapped, and it needs to be replaced. The pin snags the shaft just
about at the point where the clutch should be fully engaged. My question is, I
have some washers under the slave cylinder to lengthen the stroke of the
piston. I have a feeling that this could not be doing any good for the clutch,
as since the stroke starts higher, the full force of the slave cylinder does
not all go to moving the rod, as it is comming up so high, that it kinda tends
to push the whole transmission backward. My question is whether there is any
negative impact on exerting this force on the tranny. I would like to fix it,
but my cheapo dad doesnt have the money, and doesnt want to lend me the garage
to fix it in. If you dont quite understand what I'm trying to tell you, il give
a better explanation. Thanks for all your help.

 - Graham