garage heat

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: garage heat
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:06:08 -0500 FILETIME=[94984740:01C29B28]
Mark,
    I had years of experience heating my garage with a space heater.  If I had
it to do again I'd definitely use a "torpedo" type heater with a propane fuel
source.  I can still taste(that's right taste) the kerosene from my old heater
when it started up.  Sears makes a thermostat for that type of heater which
works very well, goes between the power cord and the electrical outlet.  Don't
use a heater without a fan.  I always ran it at least 1/2 hour before I
started working in the winter.   And, Oh yes, be big time careful never to
disconnect a gas line unless you have unplugged the heater!
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6