RE: Brake Stand

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <g.mcmicken@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: Brake Stand
From: "Jason" <jasonsmf@cs.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:06:08 -0500
I've done a couple brake stands in the Team Sukey Tr6 while at the TRF
Drags.  Our motor isn't very stock, so depending on your state of tune,
it may take a little more to get it (or them, depending on open or
limited slip diff :) ) rolling, but it didn't take much at all to toast
our right rear.  All I did was to bring the revs way up, let out the
clutch fairly quick (no need to dump it, careful not to slip it too much
and burn it) then quickly move my left foot over to the brake and keep
the car from rolling.  The tires we were on seemed to like a little heat
to hook up, plus I was running against Richard Good, so I had to put the
fear to Mr. Goodparts :).  Stunts like this will quickly show you any
weak points in your drive train, so use your own judgment.  If you try
it, just be careful, once you break them loose, the RPM's rocket up
pretty quick so watch that redline!!  Have fun
Jason Sukey