Re: Replacement Scissor Jack for TR4 & TR6

To: john & patricia donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement Scissor Jack for TR4 & TR6
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:20:51 -0700
john & patricia donnelly wrote:

> Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the scissor jack...

John, I'd be inclined to visit a scrap yard. Just be sure the jack
folds a low as you'll need. My PO included with the TR4 a Larin
brand scissor jack, model #SJ-1, capacity 1 1/2 ton, lifting
range 4-15", made in China. It's worked for me. The handle
he had didn't fit, though, so I don't carry it but use a 3/8" rachet
extension instead. The base isn't as broad as I'd like, so as
with any jack or jackstand, you'll have to watch soft road
surfaces.

[PS my car is an early TR4 but the original "tube" jack seems
to be stripped internally. Would be fine for a show tool roll I
suppose, if someone needs one.]

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO