Re: LIfting Wheels off the pavement

To: sdtilton@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LIfting Wheels off the pavement
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:32:42 EST
In a message dated 10/29/2002 8:26:31 AM EST, sdtilton@yahoo.com writes:

<< Does anyone have some pictures of tires lifted off the pavement that they
could
 share (or point me to on the web?) >>

Scott,

Ha, ha, ha.....I sure hope that someone has photos of me & the Spit lifting a
wheel at the autocross at the TRF summer party!  So far, none of my club
members who attended the party got a photo of me....and I was a little too
busy to snap a picture!

It isn't the most perfect way to run an autocross because you lose fractions
of seconds during the wheel lift when traction is lost but if you are
familiar with Spit swing axles and know when it's coming, it is fun in a sort
of odd way I suppose!  I started driving on dad's swing axle '61 Corvair so I
know a little bit about tuck under and wheel lift.....who would have guessed
that many, many years later I'd be throwing a swing axle car around lifting a
wheel again..."ain't life grand!?"

Chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration stalled
temporarily
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - enjoying the end of another great driving
season