TR3 Fuel Line OD

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Fuel Line OD
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:17:43 -0500
I'm now tackling the fuel line on my TR3 total restoration and
have a simple, but interesting question.

The line running from the pump to the front carb that I took off
when dismantling the entire car is 1/4" OD.  All other lines that
were removed were 5/16" OD.  The fitting on the shut off tap that
runs to the fuel pump is 5/16th OD. The replacement line I got
from Moss for the pump to the carb is 5/16th.

Here is my question, if the line running to the front carb is
5/16" OD and the inlet pipe on the carb's fuel bowl is 1/4",
how do you connect the flexible fuel line between the two
when one end fits a 1/4" and the other is 5/16"?  If I go
with 1/4" line from the pump to the carb, will this negatively
effect my pressure?  My preference is to use 1/4" line since
it fits better and is much easier to bend and to then use
5/16th line from the shut off valve back to the tank. Again,
any issues with negatively effecting the pressure?  What is
correct?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA