RE: TR3 Fuel Line OD

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Fuel Line OD
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:43:44 -0800
Scott, the original line from the pump to the carbs was 1/4" od, as you
found.

The problem is, there was a special nut and gland used to connect the 1/4"
line into the 5/16" fitting on the fuel pump.  AFAIK, these are NLA.  If you
have your old nut, you can reuse it, but without the special gland, the nut
is too short and will bottom in the pump fitting before crushing a common
1/4" gland.  Overtightening will just break the pump (don't ask how I know
this).

Unfortunately I don't know of a good solution to the problem, perhaps
someone else does.

Randall