Re: Other uses for hand cleaner

To: wallaces@superaje.com
Subject: Re: Other uses for hand cleaner
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:08:28 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
The non-gritty version does a nice job on chrome products.  I use it on
the kitchen and bath faucets once in a while.  Cleans them nicely and
leaves a very deep lustre.  My mother says her sink drain doesn't work
nearly as well since I moved out.....figures the waterless hand cleaner
on a dailey basis kept the drain cleaner.  Also works great to pretreat
stains in clothing.  No grease or oil stain stands a chance.  Once had a
permanent marker let loose in a white shirt pocket.  Pretreated and
washed...stain was completely gone except for a little left in the
threads.

Jay

>Having the gallon jug by the back sink has led me to discover that hand
cleaner (the orange-smelling stuff that's slightly gritty) is good for
other things too. It's great at cleaning oil-based paint out of brushes
to the point that they can be rinsed with water. Today I discovered it
does a fabulous job of shining up cast aluminum parts too. Anyone else
got a good use for it?