71'GT6 Transmission Options?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 71'GT6 Transmission Options?
From: "Allen J. Filson" <afilson@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:41:12 -0700
Hey all,..

This winters project involves replacing the standard 4 speed manual
transmission with a 4 speed overdrive setup.  However,.. before I spend
all that money,.. I thought I might poll the list as to any other
transmission options others may have used in there 71' GT6's with the
standard 2L inline six?  Has anybody discovered any other transmissions
which bolt on or have minimal  modification requirements?  Would be neat
to find a higher performance 5 speed that one could use on that drive
line and to tell you the truth, after talking with others who have
overdrive,.. I'm not much looking forward to adding that quirky piece of
equipment into the drive line even if I can cruise at higher MPH with
lower RPM's.

As always,.. thanks for you thoughts and experiences!!

AF

Allen J. Filson
afilson@qwest.net
71' GT6 KF717L