TR3 Steering Boxes/RevingtonTR

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Steering Boxes/RevingtonTR
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:58:10 -0700
     Getting ready to do something about the worn out steering box in my
TR3A. I am having trouble dealing with the cost of the rack & pinion
conversion and am planning to rebuild the original box for now. Maybe I'll
do the R & P conversion in the future when everything else on my car is up
to standard (no pun intended).
     Has anyone installed the spring loaded topplate from Revinton TR? Check
out www.revingtontr.com/page20.htm.  It looks like it would help and is
relatively lost cost.
     I have gotten reports that Revington TR is in bankrupcy. Has anyone
else had bad experiences with them recently? By bad experiences, I mean
paying for, but not receiving parts?
     RTR also has a rear shock link kit that looks a lot beter than
original. Has anyone tried this?
     TIA

     Bill Brewer
     1960 TR3A