Re: Fuel Sending Unit Float Repair, resin warning

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Sending Unit Float Repair, resin warning
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:28:49 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: jay_welch@juno.com
Hello Jay Welch and all,

Jay Welch wrote:

"I haven't had the need to repair a TR float yet but
if I did I think I would use fiberglass resin.  I
think you could brush it on in thin coats and it would
not change the weight of the float very much.  The
resin is impervious to gasoline."

...but resin is NOT impervious to ethanol used as an
additive, AKA gasahol, which is very common in the
USA.  Check out this web page about the experiences of
a man who coated his plywood fuel tanks for his boat
with resin.  The fuel attacked the resin and flake
fouled the fuel system.

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~raymacke/Cbnskif36.htm

Reporting from Peru, Javier Vidaurre