TR 4 seats

To: cak@dimebank.com
Subject: TR 4 seats
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:20:38 -0700 FILETIME=[09D87AC0:01C27CA7]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Chris,

I just went through this with my 4. After trying to justify 5 or 6 hundred
bucks for seats I decided to go with the low-back fiberglass ones BAP sells
for the VW crowd. They were about $67 bucks each and included black vinyl
covers. I was able to bolt them straight to my original rails, and although
this is a little low I kinda like it since I'm 6'3". I haven't gone on any
long trips yet, so I don't know how comfortable they are. And, being a SCCA
kinda guy I'll certainly rig up some kinda solid padded headrest (you could
use a modified rollbar)before I hit the track. The best thing about these
seats (besides being really cheap) is they look right in the car. The
hardest part of finding replacement seats as I'm sure you know is getting
something narrow enough to fit, these leave plenty of room. Besides, I
figure I'll always have some sort of project car going and I can use them in
something else later if I decide to upgrade the 4. Let me know if you want
pictures.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald