Vise grips

To: "'quattro@audifans.com'" <quattro@audifans.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vise grips
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:40:44 -0400
Hi all,

How many times have we used vise grips to take a nut or a bolt off?  Better
make sure you have a new one to replace it huh?  Well, I was in Cdn Tire
last night and they had a 7" pair of "nut Vise Grips" on sale. The jaws on
these are made to hold three side of a nut.

I am never one to turn down a sale on tools :-) So I got a pair. I was
trying to put a box end wrench on the nut end of a rubber flex brake line.
Could not get the box end over it, a little dirt etc. I used the vise grips
and I got leverage with no slippage. I check the nut after, no damage at
all.

I just saved myself a lot of hassle and knuckle skin :-). NFI of course but
figured I would pass it along.

David A. Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a
'74 Triumph Spitfire