Re: TR6 Front suspension stiffness

To: Aledotr6@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Front suspension stiffness
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:57:55 -0400
Hi Bud,
        I used the Practical Classics book for reassembly, too.  This
area is shown on p.78, photo 9.  I believe that the photo is correct,
but the caption is worded wrong.  The semi-circular part of the
fulcrum pin curves toward the shock tower, NOT the engine.  I just
jacked up my car to double check.  Indeed, this is the way I
reassembled, and the car aligned perfect, the tires wear OK, and it
tracks fine.
        It is interesting that you have photos that show them in the
other position, originally.  I took dissassembly photos too, but I can't
locate them tonight.  Is it possible that they were wrong when you
bought the car?
        I also checked 2 different shop manuals, and the TRF
catalog, and all are too vague to corroborate.  Perhaps another TR6
owner on the list will check their car.  TRF's tech info line may be
helpful, too.  Last time I visited there, they had a TR6 rolling chassis
in the showroom.
                Rick
                1973 TR6 CF2570U