Re: TR6 Front suspension stiffness

To: Aledotr6@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Front suspension stiffness
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:52:05 -0400
Bud,
        I had the same concern when I did the frame-up.  Relax.  I
don't think the suspension was designed to actually work correctly in
this extreme position.  When you get some weight on it, it will be fine.
        This assumes that you have assembled the top wishbones
and the fulcrum pin correctly.  If there's any question about this, give
us another shout!
                Rick
                1973 TR6 CF2570U
>  Hello list,

I installed one side of the front suspension on a bare chassis (no tub,
engine, etc.), working towards a rolling chassis. Everything seemed
OK until
I released the tension on the spring compressor. Now the vertical link
is
extremely difficult to rotate. The ball joint seems to be binding. Its
rubber
gaiter is compressed between the vertical link and the ball joint. Is
this
normal until I've gotten the chassis laden with the engine and tub? I
tightened everything to spec. Should evevything be loosened until
fully
laden?