Re: Need help to value a set of TR6 American Racing Wheels

To: lgmiceli@attbi.com
Subject: Re: Need help to value a set of TR6 American Racing Wheels
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:42:28 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Larry,
There are some of us that would die for those wheels.  I won't include myself
since I already have a set that cost me $600 at Carlise a couple of year ago.
 They are unrestored 5.5" aluminum ones with center caps included.  I also
went nuts on ebay and paid whatever it took to get my hands on a NOS 5" 4
spoke A/R, no center cap.  I think it was at least $275.  All this and I too
have not put them on a TR yet.  Your post may motivate me to attend the VTR
Regional because one can always make more money but one can never make more
A/R's.  I also have a set of the 5" 8 spoke restored A/R's, six center
spinners provided, on my 62 TR4.  They cost me One Large years ago, so I
would consider them to be a little more valuable.  Good luck and don't let
them go cheap or I will forever regret not being able to attend the party in
Georgia.
Cheers,
Darrell
62 TR4 A/R equipped
68 TR250 equipped with painted 60 spoke wires
71 TR6  stock rims for now