Re: best carpet

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: best carpet
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:51:20 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/2002 8:41:55 PM EST, lmtr4a@ctlnet.com writes:

<< My hat is off to Charles Runyan, John Swauger and the staff of TRF
 for undertaking my search. (BTW both of the first two production Triumphs
(TS1
 & TS2) will wear the same correct carpet).  >>

Lou & List;

Until Lou's message, I simply considered my "carpet" conversation with the
folks at TRF at the summer party to be another nice chapter from the event.
But......since you posted this message, Lou, here are a few more kind words.

On the Thursday afternoon before the party really got underway, John Swauger
& I were just talking on no particular subject when I spotted the geranium
carpet pieces near his desk.  John gave me the whole story of how hard it was
to color match this carpet, the numerous pieces required for the job, etc.
He (they, TRF) were obviously quite proud to have solved the dilemma.  I can
attest to the quality of the magic carpet sets since I'm using the wool set
for the TR6 but the color match to the original geranium piece that John had
was really impressive.

Good luck Lou.....fyi - there was a beautiful geranium TR2 (or maybe very
early TR3 - I can't recall for sure) at TRF.....might be worth making contact
with the owner to compare notes....

Chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration stalled
temporarily
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - enjoying the end of another great driving
season