best carpet

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: best carpet
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:41:20 -0500
Listers:

My long awaited Geranium Wilton wool carpet was installed in my TR2 this past
week end. When I first started looking for the carpet about a year ago, I
called around for availability and no one, except one supplier, would help.
One very well known supplier outright laughed when I told them what was
needed. Remember that this shade was discontinued by Triumph about September
of 1954.  My hat is off to Charles Runyan, John Swauger and the staff of TRF
for undertaking my search. (BTW both of the first two production Triumphs (TS1
& TS2) will wear the same correct carpet). Getting a roll of carpet is one
thing but the best carpet can be ruined by someone who either doesn't know or
care about how it fits. The Magic Carpet is the exclusive supplier of carpet
for TRF and they did a marvelous job of cutting and binding. For those of you
not familiar with the TR2, the correct carpet sets come in about twelve pieces
that are installed like a big gig-saw puzzle. Every piece down to the final
1/2 inch fit perfect. To say that I am pleased with the product would be a
gross understatement.

If you don't buy the wool carpet from TRF and the Magic Carpet you might as
well go to a remnant store and throw in a 6' X 8' piece of shag carpet. If you
haven't heard me preach this axiom before remember that it is far cheaper to
do it right the first time.

Lou Metelko   -  learning to drive without shoes
Auburn, Indiana