brake master cylinder leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake master cylinder leak
From: Doug Nicotera <dougnicotera@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:18:15 -0400
I'm looking for a tip on fixing up a leak in a NEW Girling brake master
cylinder for my 73 TR6.

I ordered the complete new part from one of the big three and installed it
and bled the sysem. From the get-go, there is a leak of fluid coming from
the seal between the reservoir and the cylinder itself. Sitting for a
couple of days didn't seem to help.

I called the vendor and they are sending a kit with new seals. The question
is this: should I just replace the seals and hope they work, or is there
some sort of goop, sealant, or whatever that I can use with the new seals
that might help as well?

Thanks for the help.

Doug Nicotera