RE: Differential re-install tips?

To: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[94EECB60:01C2730A] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g9DMlYUu002007
Subject: RE: Differential re-install tips?
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 17:47:59 -0500
Hugh,

It's a simple one man job to drop the diff, but putting back in place is
a bear.

I finally gave up and got two assistants along with a floor jack.

With three of us in there, it took about 10 minutes to get it lifted and
the nuts started.

It cost me two beers.

Bill
Atlanta
74 TR6

I've been wrestling with my TR6 differential for the last couple of
hours. It doesn't seem to want to go into place. I have the standard
exhaust still in place. It came out with a bit of effort, but not this
bad. Any tips on how to get this back in place? I forget who, maybe Dave
or Dick, said they had done this many times.

Thanks,
Hugh Fader