Leaking head gasket

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking head gasket
From: "Eduard Tieseler" <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:47:47 -0700
Hello list,

I put the head back on the other day, and for some reason I decided to check
between the head and the block with a feeler gauge.  I was able to get
.0025" in there pretty easily, one place it was .003".  I pulled the head
off, because I was not too comfortable with that clearance, and I could see
the residual fluid in the head seeping out on the head gasket (not too much,
but enough), so I am taking it to a shop today to have it checked and
probably skimmed.  My question is can I still use this head gasket even
though it has been slightly moistened in places and the head has been
tourqued down?  I think just for safe measures I will spray some of the
copper sealer on the gasket next time I put it together.

Thanks,
Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald