new virus note: Bugbear (no LBC) steven_newellboys -- Please report any

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: new virus note: Bugbear (no LBC) steven_newellboys -- Please report any abuse to abuse@bizland-inc.com
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:06:51 -0600
Today I've seen my virus s/w (Norton) catch a half dozen
incoming emails with the Bugbear virus, and since this
email address has been used mostly for Triumph email
and my job search I wanted to make sure you all were
aware of the virus and had your protection up to date.
This virus was discovered on September 30, 2002.

It uses almost 50 ordinary sounding subject lines (see
link below) -- including "Warning!", "My eBay ads", and
several serious business-sounding lines -- with variable
attachment names with double extensions ending in
.exe, .scr, or .pif. It won't be easy to recognize, so make
sure previewing is off in Outlook and for Lucas' sake
don't open unknown attachments. Yes, you Mac users are
safe, go back to your graphic design work and gloat. ;-)

More info at:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear@mm.html

--
Steven Newell