parts, anyone?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: parts, anyone?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:51:26 -0400
Greetings, fellow Triumphoids (Triumphiles? Triumvirates?).  My
garage and Sharon's garden shed have been collecting parts for a long
time, and by golly I could use the space more than the idle parts!
They're just layin' around, doin' nuthin but takin' up space.  I
don't figure ever to use much of this stuff, nor to attempt building
a car to any greater detail than I already have.  I have neither the
time nor the space (nor the money).  So if anyone wants any or all of
it, you're welcome to it.  Just come by and pick it up!  (I live in
the Boston area.)  Or contact me offline for more complicated
arrangements.

Some of these parts came with the GT6 (and would all seem to be for
the + model), some have been swapped on or off the Spitfire.  Most of
them seem to be undamaged and useable.  A partial list includes (from
memory):

- a GT6 diff with halfshafts and rotoflex joints attached (and the
outer axle's cut off by a DPO or salvager),
- various GT6 gauges and dash panels,
- GT6 rear hatch (undented),
- Spitfire rear spring (I replaced mine once thinking that it was
sagging, but the new one was much like the old),
- 2 GT6 drive shafts (both with slightly wobbly but otherwise
seemingly good splines at the rear),
- a Spitfire OD driveshaft (with a worn front U-joint),
- a GT6 front bumper (which needs cleaning/polishing and possibly re-
chroming if you want that nice fresh-kitchen shine, but isn't dented
that I recall),
- assorted GT6 trim pieces such as the fender strips,
- assorted GT6 window glass and trim,
- GT6 exhaust manifold,
- GT6 intake manifold,
- decent late-Spitfire wheels (the bigger ones, 5x13in, I think) and
hubcap trims,
- the guts and front housing of a differential that I can't identify
(it says MOWOG on it, is definitely not a GT6/Spitfire diff because
the cluster housing is in the front end instead of the rear, with
gears that appear to be in very good condition, but the rear cover is
missing [unless it is in one of the crates I haven't opened yet!]),
- somewhat mangled but possibly restorable ZS carbs for a GT6,
- various clutch and brake master cylinders,
- the housings and guts of several GT6 gearboxes (that once
experienced somewhat more entropy than their design limit),
- some GT6 internal trim pieces,
- assorted other stuff that neither of us will know about until you
come over to look and we dig through it.

Think of them as free kittens but not requiring a litter box.
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com