Re: Winter Storage/funny muffler story

To: Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Winter Storage/funny muffler story
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:44:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/02 1:25:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca writes:

<< You can ripe your hair out trying to figure out why it won't start
 in the spring if something has built a nest in your muffler. >>

The muffler on my dads old car need replaced, but rather that purchase a new
muffler it was off to my pile of old but good mufflers.

" Hmm, this one looks good, even has a outlet spout still on it ( his car has
a muffler at the end of the system)"   < carry the muffler back to the shop>

" Better get the torch and cut out the old pipe" < take a look inside to
check depth before lighting the torch>  "Hmm the pipe is. . ..  EEEEeeeeK!!"
Here looking at me and me looking back is a small mouse, just as startled as
I.  Quickly tilt the muffler to expel the mouse but the little guy runs back
inside.  < Mouse in a maze>

Start shaking the muffler but it doesn't work, "those little mice sure can
stick to things".  Still shaking and getting more tired as time goes on, stop
shaking < figured I'd give the mouse a rest too>

I doubt the neighbors cat >^..^< would be of much help here, the muffler it
too small :+(   If I install the muffler the smell and flying mouse parts
would not be good.

"What to use, noise, water, air?  I know, start a car, hold one end to the
exhaust lightly gas the mouse then shake to expel the mouse" < start car,
hold muffler to pipe, then shake>  After a few minutes the mouse pops out
wobbles around a bit then runs off under a bush.

Harold