RE: Finally a use for spam and junk mail :^) - NO LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Finally a use for spam and junk mail :^) - NO LBC
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:58:18 -0700
> It's part of an add for a stupid looking grill for tailgate parties. It
> would be kind of silly except for the fact that burning ink and
> filler from
> papers will poison your food. How the H--l somebody got a license to sell
> this as a food preparation device beats me.

Easy, the stuff that's usually grilled at tailgate parties is even more
poisonous !

Actually, modern newspaper ink is quite edible, basically pure carbon (which
burns to CO2) and soy oil.  There used to be nasty stuff in it (lead from
the type, etc.), but people got worried about having it in compost,
landfills, etc. and no one has used Linotype for many years.

Randall