Battery jumping?

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery jumping?
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 07:31:41 -0400
Hi list!
    In a past thread that is/was going around just the other day, Andy
M. wrote:

The same way as you would jump-start any other car: Ensure that positive is
connected to positive and negative to negative.

    Now, I know this works & I'm not trying to pit on him or start an
argument with anyone else. At one job I had in the past, there was a BIG
argument [almost to the point of a fist fight, Gee I'm glad that I'm on
the internet ;-) ]. One person insisted that the earth cable connection
should be connected as follows:     The car that is charged have the
cable connection on the earth battery Post. The other end should be
connected to the engine or frame of the car that needs the power. What
is the list's input on this. Please do NOT get into an argument over
this. That is NOT my intention. TIA,
-Cosmo Kramer