Re: National Triumph Club

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: National Triumph Club
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 09:22:02 +0100
On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, at around 15:04:51 local time, Scott D Kohl
<sdkandlsk1@juno.com> wrote:
>Hi, all.
>
>I know several people in my local club (not currently a member)  who
>couldn't care less if there were anything but TR's in their membership.
>One of them alluded to it in a remark to another member who after having
>a Spit for some time, bought a TR6.  They finally got a real Triumph was
>the tone (nearly verbatim).  I must say that in the year of my VTR
>membership,  I could count on less than one hand the articles on what I
>call the 'Herald-based Triumphs'.  I certainly don't mind reading about
>TRs, but that's not what I own, I can't afford one, and I do like to know
>that I exist as an owner of something made at Canley.

Move to UK!   In the last eighteen months, I cannot recall a single TR
turning up at my local TSSC group's meetings.   Heralds of all
descriptions, Vitesses, Spitfires, GT6s, Bonds and so on, yes, but no
TRs. :-)

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671