Water pump, oh well...

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump, oh well...
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:17:01 -0400
Good evening all,

This morning on my way to work in the tr3a I heard a chatter from under the
hood.  I gently got her to the office and at lunch went under the hood to
see what the matter was.

We found the WP pulley had worked its way over the nyloc nut, it seems the
pump rebuilder didn't put the washer back on before the nut :-( I didn't
notice it when I put the pump back on.

We got the pulley off, got the nut off and checked the housing to see
"rubbin" but no gouges :-)

Had some washers in the toolbox of the right size and reattached the pulley
and tightened everything back up again. Started the motor and all looked
good.

Got home and then made a small trip to the store, the chatter started again.
Thinking the same thing again, but not sure how. Get home open the hood, the
nut is missing, along with the washer.........and the shaft thread!!!

Looks like the threaded part sheared off.  I guess I will be getting the new
water pump after all.

David A. Templeton
(one of those days)
'59 TR3a - not going anywhere right now :-(