Re: gear-reduction starter. Was: Starter Question

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: gear-reduction starter. Was: Starter Question
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:54:48 -0400
Cc: mporter@zianet.com, asalvato@tampabay.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
greg and list.  we take responsibility.  michael has one of our
starters.  when he had the problem, he contacted me. we offered to
replace with no question.  we are the ones who started the gear
reduciton starter thing and supply the majority sold in the
country. we start with a new or factory rebuilt starter (nippondenso)
from denso.  we then modify the nose to our applicatons. there are
also enough internal modifications the unit has been granted a patent.
in the case of michael's problem, this was something we had not
encountered.  we did have a request from some nascar winston cup teams
that were using a competitor's starter and were haveing heat related
grease problems.  these were solved and they switched to our units.
there a couple of "knock-off's" on the market.  these are
remanufactured by local rebuilders and may be 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation
rebuilds - a rebuild of a rebuild of a rebuild, etc.  our price list
has not changed since we intorduced the first starter about 4 years
ago.  $225 for all starters except TR8/Rover which is $250.  a list of
starter applications is on our web site..  thanks for the time.  any
questons, please ask.  ted