RE: Water pump, oh well...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water pump, oh well...
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:24:42 -0700 o m>
> Looks like the threaded part sheared off.  I guess I will be
> getting the new
> water pump after all.

Most likely, the bore in the pulley was damaged when it walked over the nut.
IMO you should replace the pulley, too.  Might be able to "get away" with
using Loctite circular part mount, but I wouldn't want to bet on it,
especially considering what likely happens if the pulley falls completely
off before you get stopped.  Then the fewmets really will strike the
rotating airfoil !

The replacement pumps that come with the pulley attached are probably a
superior design, but don't forget the stud needed for the conversion.

Randall