Re: TR4 Tonneau Suggestions

To: Egbman1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Tonneau Suggestions
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:27:50 -0400
In a message dated Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:09:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Egbman1@aol.com writes:

>Wise Ones,
>I'm looking for a tonneau cover for my TR4. I've looked at the big 3 and LBC
>Co. LBC's is made in UK, don't know about the others. Any recommendations?

Robbins are very good (so long as you don't mind doing all the fastener
installation yourself, with no written or other help from the manufacturer :-)
). If they're still around, AMCO tonneaus were (are?) fine as well.

> In addition, I'm missing one of the snaps on the
>left-hand side of the dash next to the windscreen acorn nut. Are these
>available?

Any halfway-decent hardware store will have these snaps, usually in "bulk"
quantities (like, 10 or so in a blister pack or bag) and often will have the
installation tools as well. All of the above can often be found for well under
$10, which should give you plenty of extra snaps.

> I also need to install the snaps on
>the door tops (PO didn't like them) do they screw in or are they riveted on?

They're riveted to the doors on later cars, but I'm not sure about the TR4.
Someone will know for sure.

--Andy Mace