Re: Triumph Pony?

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Pony?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:12:45 +0100 g7UBJl701525
From: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>

> This Vehicle was very much a utility vehicle, it had 4WD based on the 1300
> FWD system, supposedly the same as the 1300 4WD that was used in rallycross
> racing. I think I have seen a picture of one somewhere, I will try to find
> it.
> Not sure if it was marketed as a Triumph or some local brand.

I'm afraid I missed the original message but luckily I spotted Graham's reply.
I've never seen a Triumph (or Standard) Pony, but about 10 years ago there was
a vehicle advertised on the Welsh borders which was allegedly the prototype
Pony. It was in a few of the Free-ads type papers for about 6 months before
disappearing. I don't remember too much detail but I seem to remember it was
with a trader, no idea what happened to it thereafter.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics