RE: Hard starting when warm, impossible to start when hot. [LONG]

To: "'Bill Miller'" <millerb@ivwnet.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hard starting when warm, impossible to start when hot. [LONG]
From: "Glen Johnson" <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:25:57 +1000
Yes apparently the timing is set quite advanced at the moment.  But the
motor struggles to turn over even with the ignition disconnected when it
is hot.

The weird thing is that I got 13V when cold and around 12V when hot.

I can't explain that.

The national expert on rally triumphs has said that I need a high torque
starter to deal with my over bored high compression motor.  Apparently
it is not unusual at all for the standard starter to fail on such a
motor. Given the added strain of a hot expanded motor this seems to make
sense.

Glen.