RE: TR6 Differential whine

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Differential whine
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:10:25 -0400
Hi List!
    I rebuilt the diff. on my TR4/A IRS, when I did my restoration back
in '96-98. I only used a mag. base with a dial gauge as a special tool &
a crows claw to pull the seal. Oh yes, I did use a press to seperate the
bearings from the inner axle shaft. To pull the gears out of the case, I
used 2 long straight bladed screwdrivers in a "X" fashion to remove
them. the rest came apart with stantard tools. No need for the 'special
tools' if you're careful.
    Oh BTW, I'm still backed up some 12 TR Digests, but I'm now burning
the candle at both ends, incase you hear from me on an old therad some 3
weeks ago ;-) .
-Cosmo Kramer