RE: TR6 sudden cut out problem

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 sudden cut out problem
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:16:05 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Jillian Davis'" <davis-tr@iafrica.com>
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>This sounds like the type of thing that can happen with the ignition
switch
being faulty. Starting wipes the contacts and gets it going again for a
while. If true will only get worse with time. As an experiment, the
Masters/Massey etc... TR electrical gurus can tell you what wire to jump to
keep the ignition hot all the time. Then you drive for 10-20 miles and
observe not cutting out. If so, then replace ignition switch.
<

Someone is using my name in vain again (what's new?).

As in my other post try to observe any coincident symptoms.  But the test
to which Mark is referring would be to jumper between the white and brown
wires under the hood.  (You'll have to remove the jumper to stop the
engine)

Cheers and good luck

Dave Massey
71 TR6