RE: Monza exhaust

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Monza exhaust
From: "Larry Griffin" <lgriffin@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:40:42 -0400
Abarth.
> Still it was all black crackle finish with chrome tips. Anyone
remember
> those? Talk about loud! .......but it sure looked neat.
Greg,

Yep, back in the good old days in the early 70's I could turn heads for
blocks on campus when I blipped the gas going over speed bumps. The
Stebro muffler was the best I ever had on my 68 Spitfire, but not the
noisiest. That award went to a cheap JC Whitney "silencer" shaped like a
large beer can that I used in place of the muffler. That was too loud
even for me!

Still have the Stebro, hope it has survived storage all these years for
when I get my Spitfire back on the road.

Larry Griffin
68 Spitfire future project