Eezi-bleed / DOT 5

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Eezi-bleed / DOT 5
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:04:34 +0100
Hi,
Anyone care to comment on this. I am about to embark on bleeding out
my twin master cylinder after finally getting all the pipes "fluid
tight". On past list history it seemed that Gunson's Eezi-bleed was
the favoured method, so to arm myself with as much data as possible I
surfed for advice, I came accross this worrying observation by one
expert: "I don't recommend using it (Eezibleed) with DOT 5 brake
silicone fluid. DOT 5 is easily aerated, and the 20psi pressure of
Eezibleed will exacerbate the problem". Would really like to hear
owners experience here, should I abandon the spare tyre and start
pumping pedals?
``john