RE: TR6 toe-in

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 toe-in
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:47:42 -0400
Just went back out and adjusted the toe-in to 1/16" and took a ride. I found
that each turn of a tie rod changes toe-in by 1/16". Don't know if others
have observed this, but it seems a good thing to remember.

The change is dramatic. Part of what felt like loose steering was poor
alignment. It now feels much tighter, just because the wheel wants to return
to center. I was about ready to take the car off the road and rebuild the
suspension. Still needs it, but it can wait till winter now.

Has anybody bought the toe-in gage that Harbor Freight has for abou $12. Did
it work for you?

Regards,
Hugh Fader