Sudden Loss of Oil Pressure contagious?

To: <MNTriumph@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sudden Loss of Oil Pressure contagious?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:14:03 -0500
Now my TR4 seems affected.

I disconnected the gauge tube at a union.  Shot air into the gauge half.
Sue says the gauge registers.  Does not return all the way to zero.  I don't
remember if it ever did.

When the engine is started, there is oil coming out of the engine side of
the gage tube.  But also air.

Perhaps the pickup tube has gotten loose on the pump and the pump is sucking
air?  We had that happen on a Cortina GT engine we rebuilt once.  The
problem then was incompatible parts.  Putting the old pickup tube back in
fixed it.

This can't be that cause because it worked fine before.  Perhaps the tube
has come loose.

Looks like I will be dropping the pan soon.

Rats.  I have so much to do on the Lotus.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org