TR6 electric fan and fuel pump

To: "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>
Subject: TR6 electric fan and fuel pump
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:56:17 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Rob Christopher"
>As part of my frame up resto, I'm changing from crank driven to electric
fan
and mechanical fuel pump to electric pump.

I will be mounting the fan as a pusher.  What is the thickness of fan I
should
get?  I've found two, one is 2.5" thick and the other is 3.5" thick.  Will
either or both of these fit?  I can't exactly measure right now as the car
has
no rad and no front to the body tub.  Should I get a 14" or a 16"?
<

I imagine the 3.5 inch fan will move more air than the 2.5 one but fret
not, either will fit with room to spare.  There is at least 6 inches
between the rad and the grill. As far as width goes, get one that is the
same width as the radiator.  Wider is unnecessary and will complicate
mounting.

Now, how wide is the radiator?  I dunno.  I'll have to check.

Cheers

Dave

71 TR6