Re: engine break-in (LONG)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine break-in (LONG)
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:16:40 -0700 (PDT)
While there seem to be plenty of good reasons to break-in with bursts
of load (which means driving in the traffic for most of us without a
rolling road), cam shops insist that you break-in the camshaft 20
minutes or more at >= 2000 rpm, this, like Harold says, to insure
good cam lubrication.

Therefore it seems to me that starting the break-in on the driveway
for 20 minutes is a wise thing before hitting the road. It's easier
to guarantee the rpm's there and it gives you (at least me) the
additional comfort of being able to concentrate on the gages and
engine noises rather than on the traffic.

After that, there's plenty of time to go seat the rings in the
traffic.

Francois
TR3A,TR3B
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs